How to Set up A photo studio for product shots
- April 24, 2022
A photo studio can seem like a lot of work, which means many people, including you, may avoid it. It stings that this might be necessary to compete with other professionals. And yes, you are not wrong. Photos are one of the best ways to convert products into sales and advertise your company worldwide. But we are not talking about any photos. We are taking jaw-dropping quality photos. Pictures pull the consumer in and make the customer fork over their dollars to you.
It’s good that you have this desire within you. If you are willing to start, you can work with us at Clipping Creations India. We alleviate all the pressure that comes with creating your products. It might seem that you do not like the part that you have to edit or Photoshop your picture. And that’s where we come in. You will get clean cut-outs and perfect multi-clipping path service with hard-drawn images. You can visit our website and use our free trial to get the hang of what it feels like to be a part of our community.
However, we acknowledge that not all of us have the cash to outsource our company. We have acknowledged this gap and decided to encourage you not to give up on your dream. Also, we have come up with this article to show you that the impossible is possible. All it takes is a change in your perception. But why wait for tomorrow while what you can do is possible right now? So, how to set up a photo studio for product shots?
Here are the tips that you will need.
1. Select the right equipment
When we say right equipment, we mean using equipment that you can afford and that will satisfy your needs and wants. It is easy to overspend here when you necessarily don’t have to. This is essential because good photography is dependent on the quality of your equipment and how effectively you set them up. There is always the law of cause and effect in everything. And product photography, in this case, is no different. If you ignore the laws of cause and effect, you will end up with a lousy photo that nobody wants.
Setting up a successful photo studio will determine how productive you are in the future. It’s key to note that the usual case is that most companies or individuals want more photos. This is because it generates sales in the long term and ensures that you stay in business. Before you research how to organize your studio, you should know what you need:
- White background
- Tripod stand
- Duct tape
- Foam Core Board
- Memory Card
You might also need to carry your enthusiasm and confidence!
2. The step-by-step procedure
The key thing about creating a photo studio is to understand that businesses are unique. This means that your constraints and advantages won’t be the same, and you will have to work your way around them. There’s no perfect business because of the context you are in, the type of product you are business you are producing, studio space, expertise at hand, and the budget you have. All these factors ought to be put under consideration.
Anyway, you can set up a photo studio using these easy steps:
- Set up your table near a window. The goal is to have natural light on the product.
- Unroll your white background paper and tape it to the ceiling or wall or something. Stabilize your paper by taping it also to the able and ensure that it is clean and organized. This will reduce the time that you will spend editing the photo.
- Sweep and clean your product. Makes sure your product is dry and fresh. In this step, take several pictures of your product. This means that you change your angle momentarily. Having a tripod stand comes in handy and allows you to be creative and play around.
- The last step is to adjust your camera and tripod stand. This means you adjust the tripod’s leg and the camera’s focus range. Ensure that the image you are about to take has enough negative space and doesn’t appear too squeezed.
3. Prioritize efficiency
When dealing with things, you must prioritize efficiency. In this case, image production and image editing are a thing… it’s a process. It would be best to maximize output while using the least input to make it better. This is the top definition of peak performance. If you want to perform efficiently, you also need to optimize or be careful with the quality of your images, speed of operation, and cost. If you are one, a real entrepreneur can set up a photo studio cheaply and fastly.
For product photography, it means that you cannot afford to mess around. Otherwise, if you do, the game is over. It is far better if you follow some protocol and procedure. This will ensure that your heart beats at a fair pace and there’s nothing to worry about after the job is done:
- Make sure products are grouped into the project they belong to, priority, and product type. An efficient studio operates under these principles so that work doesn’t get mixed up. Workflow ought to be consistent with yielding production both in the short-term and long-term.
- Images uploaded and captured ought to be managed by an online project management system. It is trivial to handle repetitive work. You need to move forward with little to no mistakes constantly.
- Make sure you have the right team. In this context, you prioritize hiring some of the best product photographers you can get on the market. This is because you will need them. Most average companies or individuals make a mistake when setting up a studio, picking up anyone who has good photography skills. Don’t do this. You need a specialist who knows how to handle capturing exceptional images of a product. If you want to assist this particular person, then surround them with hardworking studio helpers or assistants
- The last tip is about having a consistent style and sticking to it. If you deal with a particular product consistently over the year, your camera crew should minimize camera and light adjustments. This will increase productivity because you will be taking way less per the product photo.
How to set up a photo studio for product shots is no easy feat because you need a combination of factors to hit it right. You will need the right people, software, workflow, and equipment to make it work. When all these are combined efficiently, you will be able to produce quality images quickly and cheaply. This means that you will be able to cut costs and increase the profit margins of your business.
Photos are the essence of technology marketing and advertising your business. Being a master of producing them and creating them gives you the edge over your competition. It would help if you made it a priority to work with the best. They will systemize and automatize your sales higher than before and improve your overall productivity and fulfilment of the vision that you have in your business. You must do your research before working with such people or companies.
With that said, go out there and optimize your product shots!